Hop Fest Weekend begins Friday, Sept. 16 at 6 pm with a four-course Paired Beer Dinner at the Colgate Inn in Hamilton.
The first course is a Pumpkin Ravioli with a spiced sage cream sauce paired with Saranac’s Pumpkin. The second course is a Peppercorn encrusted Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio with beef braised root vegetables, herb cream cheese paired with Ithaca’s Nut Brown. The third course is a Braised Drover Hill Beef Roast with a local mushroom and parmesan risotto cake, a root beer glace de vin and a gremolata crostini paired with Founder’s Porter. The fourth course is a S’mores- Chocolate and Graham Cracker Pot de crème, marshmallow and a spiced chocolate sauce paired with Browns Brewing’s Oatmeal Stout. Tickets for the dinner are $60 and must be purchased by September 9.
The Madison County Hop Fest celebrates the past, present and prosperous future of the hop industry in Madison County and throughout New York State. At the 21st Annual Madison County Hop Fest there will be:
- September 16- Paired Beer Dinner-Colgate Inn in Hamilton; Ticket: $60. Reservation required by 9/9.
- September 17- on-site at the Madison County Historical Society, 435 Main Street, Oneida. 11am– 5:30 pm. Free admission to attend presentations, exhibitors, and vendor booths.
- Taste of Hops: a food and beer pairing- (12:00-2:00) Tickets: $25 advance/ $30 at the door; Participating restaurants-Colgate Inn, Empire Farmstead Brewery, Horned Dorset Inn, Madison Bistro, Napoleon's Cafe, No. 10 Tavern, Poolville Country Store, The Ridge Tavern. Participants receive a 5 oz. glass.
- Craft Beer Sampling: over 30 craft breweries participating- full list TBA.(2:30-5:30) Tickets-$30 advance/ $35 at the door. Participants receive a 5 oz. glass.
- September 18- Brewery Hop Tour
For more information and to purchase tickets to Hop Fest events, please visit www.madisoncountyhopfest.org.