Built in 1820 as the Peterboro Presbyterian Church. In 1835, the first meeting of the New York Anti-Slavery Society was held here. It later served as the Evans Academy, the Peterboro Union School, and the Peterboro elementary school. The building houses the Town of Smithfield offices and the National Abolition Hall of Fame and Museum. Listed on the State and National Register of Historic Places, and part of the Heritage NYS Underground Railroad Trail.