Historic boat building and repair site within the Old Erie Canal Historic Park and on the Erie Canalway Trail. The 6.5 acre site includes a rare 3 bay dry dock, canal side store, blacksmith shop, boat shop, sawmill, walk-on canal boat, nature walk to a full width aqueduct, mule stable, picnic tables, modern visitor center. Canal genealogy help available by appointment. Tours, school groups, programs and site rentals available.
Chittenango Landing also rents kayaks & bikes for explorers, whether you are setting out for leisure or for the day. See the natural and cultural history of the region and venture into scenic small towns and local attractions.
By bike: Tour the 36 miles of the scenic, historic towpath located across from Chittenango Landing’s historic 3 bay dry dock complex!
- Hybrid Giant Roam 3 and Comfort Trek Verve 1 bikes available: small-medium and medium-large sizes to fit most people 5’-6’3” tall. Helmets and locks included.
Books and maps available in the Museum Shop
Picnic areas and scenic settings on site
Hours: Daily by appointment – $10/hour or $40/day.
- Bus/Motorcoach Friendly:
- Bus/Motorcoach Parking:
- Bus/Motorcoach parking Nearby:
- Comp Policy for Driver/Escort:
- Dog Friendly:
- Free Parking:
- Gift/Retail Shop On-site:
- Group Reservations Recommended:
- Handicap Accessible:
- Outdoor Picnic Area Available:
- Restrooms On Site:
- Wheelchair Accessibility:
Wedding Reception & Ceremony Venues
- Outdoor Space Available:
- Outside Catering Allowed: