Back to Previous

Chittenango Landing Canal Boat Museum

Overview
The drydocks at Chittenango Landing, built in 1855, are where craftsman constructed and repaired the 96-foot long cargo boats that carried materials along the Erie Canal. The Erie Canal boatmen and workers of the 19th and early 20th centuries had a superstitious nature. Find out about the origins of these superstitions, the language and culture of the canal folk, and some of the most popular ghost stories along the Erie Canal. Hear the stories of the thieves and murderers that once lurked along the Erie Canal towpath, the boiler explosion that killed two workers, and a young boy who accidentally died from jumping off a bridge into the water.
See & Do
Weddings
General
  • Bus/Motorcoach Friendly:
  • Bus/Motorcoach Parking:
  • Bus/Motorcoach parking Nearby:
  • Comp Policy for Driver/Escort:
  • Free Parking:
  • Gift/Retail Shop On-site:
  • Group Reservations Recommended:
  • Handicap Accessible:
  • Outdoor Picnic Area Available:
  • Restrooms On Site:
  • Wheelchair Accessibility:
Wedding Reception & Ceremony Venues
  • Outdoor Space Available:
  • Outside Catering Allowed: